Aetna Better Health Perinatal and Postpartum Toolkit
Aetna Better Health offers all of our members a Perinatal Care Management Program.
The purpose is to improve the outcomes of mothers and babies through the care management
of pregnant women, in accordance with accepted standards of care promulgated by the
American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). The program provides the following:
- Early identification of pregnant members
- Outreach to encourage engagement in healthy perinatal and postpartum care and behaviors
- Comprehensive assessments that include stratification of risk factors
- Care management that addresses identified risk factors
- Targeted interventions and member appropriate education materials in the first, second, and third trimesters
- Links to community resources
- Postpartum outreach to facilitate care within 21 – 56 days after delivery
- Track outcomes and conduct root cause and barrier analysis in collaboration with providers to improve quality
Questions about the Perinatal Case Management Program?
Call the Aetna Better Health Care Management team at 860-808-2697.
Community Resources and Pregnancy Links
Dental Health and Pregnancy
Influenza and Pregnancy
Notification of Pregnancy
Obstetrical Care Guidelines
Postpartum Depression; Substance Abuse
Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Pregnancy