Members can ask to leave the health plan with an oral or written request to either
HFS or Aetna Better Health.
Members can ask to leave the health plan for any the reasons below:
- > The member moves out of the covered area.
- > The member feels that Aetna Better Health does not cover the services they are
seeking because of moral or religious conflict.
- > The member needs services to be done at the same time, but not all services are
covered. The member's doctor or another doctor believes that not getting the services
together would put the member’s health care needs at risk.
- > A poor quality of care.
- > A lack of access to services covered under the contract.
- > There are limited doctors who know how to deal with the member's health care needs.