Welcome Aetna Better Health Kids providers!
Aetna Better Health Kids was developed to ensure the provision of high quality, cost-effective, outcomes-oriented care to our CHIP members. We realize that to be successful with these goals, we need to have a committed provider network.
At Aetna Better Health Kids, our network providers and other health care providers are our partners in the delivery of high-quality health care services to our members. Good communication is the key to this successful partnership. Our Provider Relations Department is available to assist, answer questions and resolve issues.
Aetna Completes Acquisition of Coventry Health Care, Inc.
We are pleased to share the news that Aetna has successfully completed its acquisition of Coventry Health Care, Inc.
As a combined company, we are well positioned to meet the evolving needs of our members, providers, advocates, government partners and stakeholders.
As we integrate the two companies, our focus is on maintaining continuity of service for our members and providers as we build an even stronger company. There are no immediate changes to Aetna’s or Coventry’s Medicaid health plans. We continue to offer both companies’ products and services as we begin to move through the integration process. We have not made any changes to the benefits or networks provided by either company. As we move through the integration process, we will keep you updated on any future changes.
As always, please contact us if you have any questions.
For more information on the acquisition, visit www.aetna.com.
Changes to your patients’ CHIP health insurance coverage
The Pennsylvania Insurance Department (PID) made changes that are prompting the alignment of the Pennsylvania Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) with the State’s Medicaid HealthChoices Program.
We have been restructuring our offerings for CHIP enrollees to better align them with the State’s Medicaid program. As a result, we are instituting Aetna Better Health Kids, a dedicated CHIP product from Aetna Better Health Incorporated. The following are some key points about this transition:
- > Aetna Better Health Kids has transitioned from Aetna’s commercial HMO division to Aetna’s Pennsylvania Medicaid division.
- > Effective July 1, 2013, we will only pay for in-network services you provide to Pennsylvania CHIP members who are with Aetna Better Health Kids through provider agreements with Aetna Better Health Incorporated, Aetna’s Pennsylvania Medicaid division. These agreements must recognize CHIP in the participation schedules.
- > Additionally, Aetna will only offer a CHIP program, through Aetna Better Health Kids, in the following counties:
- Adams, Berks, Bucks, Chester, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Montgomery,
- Northampton, Perry, Philadelphia, Franklin, Fulton, Monroe, York
- > Aetna Better Health participates in the Pennsylvania Medicaid HealthChoices program. If you sign the agreement, it will allow you to participate in Aetna Better Health Kids/CHIP and Medicaid HealthChoices.
- > Also effective July 1, 2013, CVS Caremark Pharmacy will become our pharmacy manager for Aetna Better Health Kids. This will also include providing specialty pharmacy medications through CVS Caremark Specialty Pharmacy as well.
If you have any questions or need assistance, call us at 1-866-638-1232.
Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment - EPSDT
Want more health information? Check out these resources.
For pharmacy forms and information, click here.
- • Prior authorization for drugs
- • Prior authorization guidelines
- • Non-formulary guidelines