Don’t lose your benefits
You must renew your benefits — KanCare Medicaid or State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) coverage — every year. Always make sure to keep your info up to date. This helps you keep your benefits and services. KanCare Medicaid or SCHIP will let you know when it’s time to renew. Just watch for a KanCare Medicaid or SCHIP renewal notice in the mail.
Why renew on time every year?
Renewing on time every year can help you:
- Keep health care coverage for you and your family
- Enjoy peace of mind, knowing that you’re taking steps to help stay covered
- Stay as healthy as you can, so you can be there for your family
Just call KanCare at 1-800-792-4884.
Choose how to renew
Log in to your account at the Consumer Self-Service Portal
Why renew online?
- It’s safe and secure
- You can manage your account anytime, anywhere
- You can get the info you need faster
Complete the form that comes with your renewal letter. Mail it using the prepaid envelope.
If unable to renew by mail or online, you may call 1-800-792-4884 to discuss other available options to submit the renewal form.
Keep your info up to date
After you renew, make sure that any info we have from you stays current. This helps you keep the coverage you already have. Your info may include your address, employment status and other details.
Need to update your info?
If your contact info isn't current, you won’t get notified when it's time to renew your Medicaid coverage. To update your address, phone number or email, call 1-800-792-4884. Or go to the KanCare website and click the red speech bubble to get started.
What if you are no longer eligible for Medicaid?
If you no longer qualify for Medicaid, you may be able to get coverage you can afford from other options, such as the Affordable Care Act (ACA) marketplace. You can enroll if you’ve had a qualifying life event like losing your coverage.
Learn about other coverage options
- Visit the Aetna CVS Health™ marketplace website to see if we offer an ACA plan in your area. More locations are coming soon.
- Visit Healthcare.gov to learn about other coverage options you may be eligible for.