How to find a provider
- Enter provider or facility name or select a specialty
- Enter ZIP code, city or county
To find a provider or get more information about a provider, please use the provider search tool below. You can also call Aetna Better Health Premier Plan at 1-855-676-5772 to request a hard copy of the Provider & Pharmacy Directory.
The online Provider and Pharmacy Directory is updated at least every 30 days.
Still can't find the provider you want? Let us know. We welcome your nominations of new providers to join our networks. Please use the Provider Nomination Form to nominate a provider. You can also call Aetna Better Health Premier Plan Member Services at 1-855-676-5772, TTY 711, or Aetna Better Health of Michigan Medicaid, Healthy Michigan and MIChild Plan Member Services at 1-866-316-3784, TTY 711.
Medicaid Only Providers paper directory
Find a dental provider
Aetna Better HealthSM Premier plan members - visit the dental provider search to view your dental providers.
Find a vision provider
Find a behavioral health provider
Aetna Better HealthSM Premier members can find behavioral health providers by Region/County below:
Barry, Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, Van Buren counties
Southwest Michigan Behavioral Health
General Information Line – 1-800-676-5814
24-Hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line – 1-800-675-7148
Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority
General Information Line – 1-800-241-4949
24-hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line – 1-800-241-4949
Macomb County Community Mental Health
General Information Line – 1-855-996-2264
24-hour Behavioral Health Crisis Line – 1-800-273-8255
Find a pharmacy
PCP access standards
Aetna Better Health of Michigan uses access standards to make sure you receive timely health care. Your Primary Care Provider (PCP) must comply with these standards for ensuring your access to care. Your PCP must be on call 24 hour/day, 7 days/week. Your PCP must be there in person or arrange for another PCP to treat you. Your PCP must provide adequate staff to insure proper care. Your PCP must make an effort to schedule you based on the following:
- Office Hours - PCP will be on hand at least 20 hours per-week at each primary care site for planned visits. Non-urgent calls must be returned within 24 hours.
- Emergencies (plus emergent calls) - PCP will handle these at once or refer you to a hospital ER.
- Urgent appointments - PCP will handle these the same day or refer you to an urgent care center. Urgent calls must be returned within 4 hours of the time of the call.
- Routine appointments - Will be scheduled within 7-10 days of your request.
- Health Assessments - Well care exams and physicals will be scheduled within 3 weeks of your request.
- Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment - Visits and shots will follow standard guidelines and immunization schedules.
Standing orders for alternative formats
If you wish to make a standing request to receive all materials in a language other than English or in an alternate format, you can call Aetna Better Health of Michigan Member Services at 1-866-316-3784 (TTY: 711) (Medicaid, Healthy Michigan and MIChild members) or Aetna Better Health Premier Plan Member Services at 1‑866‑316-3784 (TTY: 711) (Medicare-Medicaid members) for more information.