Providing you with quality service
Our health plan serves members across 54 counties throughout Missouri. We’re the largest managed care health plan in the state. Our strong partnerships with health care providers and community organizations help to give you complete and quality health care.
Our commitment to quality has earned us the National Commission for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Commendable Accreditation. This means we follow the standards set in place for health plans to achieve quality outcomes.
Our Quality Improvement (QI) Program
- Tracks and reviews problems. We address any concerns
- Checks the credentials of doctors before they can be included in our network
- Help members to get regular health checkups and preventive shots
– Examples are eye exams for members with diabetes, mammograms and pap smears
- Make sure members can reach doctors by phone, and get a timely appointment
– We also want you to have a choice of doctors located near your home
- Tracks how many of our members need to be readmitted after discharge
- Looks at how many members have problems after surgery or a procedure
- Makes sure we answer your calls quickly and pay claims right and on time
- Checks and monitors our services to ensure our members’ language, cultural and ethnic needs are met
If you have any questions about our program, you can write to us at:
Aetna Better Health of Missouri
Quality Improvement Department
10 South Broadway Ste. 1200
Member satisfaction survey
At least once a year, a member satisfaction survey goes out to members. You may receive one this year. Any information you share is private. Sharing your feedback with us is important. It helps us make improvements. You can ask for a copy of the results. Just call Member Services at 1-800-566-6444.
View our Member satisfaction survey results:
At Aetna Better Health, our goal is to improve access to quality health care for our members. We provide a broad network of providers and community organizations in order to achieve improved health outcomes.
HEDIS® measures are a way for us to see if we’re reaching this goal.
Learn more about HEDIS. View our latest HEDIS results: