IT’S TIME TO RENEW YOUR NJ FAMILYCARE (MEDICAID) HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE
HOW TO RENEW YOUR COVERAGE
We want to make the renewal process as easy as possible so that you don’t lose any of your health benefits. There are two simple ways to do it:
Renewal by mail
You should have received a renewal reminder form in the mail from the Eligibility Determining Agency (EDA). Simply send the completed renewal form back before the stated due date. You may need to include the following items:
- Your most recent pay stub with your gross wages OR a letter from your employer on company letterhead stating your gross wages.
- Proof of any other form of income (self-employment, rental, alimony, etc.).
- Names and birthdays of all members in your household.
- Social Security numbers of all members in your household.
- Proof of citizenship OR proof of legal residence for five years.
Renew in person
For Assistance or questions click here for a list of local agencies that can help you enroll.
IT’S TIME TO RENEW YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE
Did you know your NJ FamilyCare health coverage must be renewed every year? Below is some helpful information to guide you through the renewal process.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T RENEW ON TIME?
Failure to renew your plan on time could result in a loss of:
- Health care coverage for you and your family.
- The comfort of knowing you and your family are covered.
- Overall health and wellness.
Remember: Your NJ FamilyCare coverage must be renewed every year.
TIP: Call for your renewal date to avoid losing your benefits.
DIDN’T RECEIVE YOUR RENEWAL FORM?
The Eligibility Determining Agency (EDA) will send you a form around the same time of year as when you first applied for your benefits. You may be sent a preprinted form to confirm your income and household size. Or, you may be sent a blank application card to fill out.
If you didn’t receive your renewal form in the mail, or if you would like to find out when it’s time for you to renew your plan, call 1-800-701-0710.
HOW TO MAKE SURE YOUR FAMILY GETS THE HEALTH COVERAGE THEY NEED
You may be asked to provide certain documents that confirm what you have said on the application regarding:
- Citizenship / Legal Resident status.
- Immigration status.
- Other health insurance, if applicable.
If these documents are not provided, your family members will not be able to enroll. This will be explained fully when you have completed the online application.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO CONSIDER IF YOU ARE AN IMMIGRANT
- To be eligible, adults must have documents that allow them to permanently reside in the U.S. Children and pregnant women must be lawfully present in the US.
- Applying for coverage will not hurt your chances of getting a green card or becoming a citizen.
- Information provided to NJ FamilyCare is not shared.
- Anyone not requesting NJ FamilyCare health coverage does not need to provide immigration status.
- A parent’s immigration status does not affect the eligibility of a child.
Click here for more immigrant information.