Aetna Better Health of New Jersey encourages providers to electronically submit claims, through Emdeon. Use the following Provider ID number 46320 when submitting both CMS 1500 and UB 04 claims to the health plan.
Contact your Provider Services representative at 1-855-232-3596 for more information on electronic billing.
Or you can mail hard copy claims or resubmissions to:
Aetna Better Health of New Jersey
Claims and Resubmissions
PO Box 61925
Phoenix, AZ 85082-1925
Resubmitted claims should be clearly marked “Resubmission” on the envelope.
View our Participating Provider Quick Reference Guide to quick tips and tools on submitting claims.
Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT)
Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) offers electronic payments deposited directly into providers’ bank accounts.
The benefits of an EFT
Setting up EFT payments will :
- Improve payment consistency
- Ensure fast, accurate and secure transactions
- Send payments directly into your bank account
Please allow 10-15 business days for processing once we receive your enrollment form. We'll send a confirmation letter to your office when processing is complete.
Fill out the EFT enrollment form and submit it via our secure fax toll free at 1-844-362-1710 or via email to NJFinanceEFTEnrollment@aetna.com. Allow 10-15 business days for processing once the enrollment form is received. We'll send a confirmation letter to your office when we’ve processed your request.
Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)
Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) is an electronic file that contains claim payment and remittance information sent to your office. This is sometimes referred to by its HIPAA transaction number, 835.
The benefits of an ERA
- Reduces manual posting of claims payment information, which saves you time and money, allowing you to more efficiently manage your resources
- Eliminates the need for paper explanation of benefits (EOBs)
Fill out the ERA enrollment form and submit it via our secure fax toll free at 1-844-219-0223 or via email to AetnaBetterHealth-NJ-ProviderServices@aetna.com. Allow 10-15 business days for processing once the enrollment form is received. We'll send a confirmation letter to your office when we’ve processed your request.
If you have questions, you can call Provider Services at 1-855-232-3596 or email AetnaBetterHealth-NJ-ProviderServices@aetna.com anytime.
Online ICD 10 Resources
- Road to 10: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has created a website that's a great resource for small physician practices and specialty practices.
- Crosswalks for the Top 50 Codes by Specialty at the AAPC website
- 100 Tips for ICD-10-PCS Coding at icd10monitor.com
- Free code conversion tool from icd10monitor.com