Dental (Oral Health)
Oral health is not just about the teeth, but the health of the whole mouth and even the body. Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania knows having a great smile, can even affect your confidence and we want all of our members to have a great and healthy smile.
We now cover ALL levels of dental cleanings (including deep cleanings and more) for ALL members of ALL ages starting January 1st, 2019!
Locate a dental provider near you
It is important to keep your teeth healthy. Aside from daily brushing and flossing, routine preventive oral healthcare with a dentist helps you avoid cavities (decay), gum disease, and other problems. Click here to find a dental provider near you.
Dental (Oral Health Resources)
There are a number of websites that can help you learn more about having a healthy smile.
- American Dental Association (ADA) – mouth healthy resources. https://www.mouthhealthy.org/
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD). http://www.aapd.org/
- Department of Human Services (DHS) – dental information. http://www.dhs.pa.gov/citizens/healthcaremedicalassistance/dentalinformationforrecipientsandtheirfamilies/index.htm
- Healthy Teeth Healthy kids. http://healthyteethhealthykids.org/
- US Department of Health and Human Services-Head Start. https://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/publication/oral-health-health-tips-families
- Oral Health Care Benefits for Children and Young Adults
- Oral Health Care Benefits for Children and Young Adults (CHIP)
- Oral Healthcare Tips for All Ages
- Oral Health Care Benefits for Adults
Oral Health Articles
- Oral Health Issues: decay, periodontal disease, abscess and other diseases
- Dental Abscess
- Understanding Tooth Decay
- Stages of Periodontal Disease
- What Are Oral Lesions? (Precancerous and Cancerous)
- Home Care Instructions
- Dental Care for Pregnant Women
- Partial Dentures