Become a Medicare Advantage (HMO D-SNP) Member
Aetna® offers many Medicare Advantage Dual Eligible Special Needs plans (D-SNP) to people on Medicare who are also eligible for Medicaid.
A HMO is a health maintenance organization that requires you to use network providers for covered services. Emergencies and urgent care are covered — even when they’re out of network.
Our plans cover your Medicare Part A, Part B, Part D drug coverage. This may include managed long-term services and supports (MLTSS) and behavioral health services.
Our Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans cover everything Original Medicare does. And they offer other benefits, programs and services Medicare doesn’t. These may include a fitness membership and vision, dental and hearing benefits.
The more you know, the more likely you are to get the plan that’s right for you. We have provided additional information to help you select the right plan for you.
Take a look at the additional benefits offered to help you manage your health.
Why join a Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan?
- Medicare & Medicaid were never meant to work together, creating gaps and overlaps in your care. However, we'll help coordinate your Medicare and Medicaid covered services.
- Enrolling in one of Aetna's Dual Special Needs Plans will enhance and simplify the coordination of your benefits and reduce your burden.
- If you are enrolled in a Dual Eligible Special Needs Plan, you will not have premiums or copays for doctors or specialist visits. You may have some copays for prescription drugs.
- You get a dedicated care coordinator and interdisciplinary care team to support your health care needs.
Need assistance understanding your options?
If you have questions about Medicare, need help with your Medicare options or understanding information you get from plans, call your Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program (VICAP). VICAP counselors are not connected with any insurance and can be reached at 1-800-552-3402. Their services are free.
Or you can call 1‐800-MEDICARE (1‐800‐633‐4227) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or visit the Medicare site. TTY users should call 1‐877‐486‐2048.
For a complete list of available plans please contact 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048), 24 hours a day/7 days a week or consult www.medicare.gov.
For questions regarding your eligibility for the Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus (CCC+), call the CCC Plus Helpline at 1-844-374-9159 (TTY: 1-800-817-6608), Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 6:00 pm. To review frequently asked questions related to CCC Plus, visit CCC Plus FAQs at cccplusva.com/faqs.
You are eligible for CCC Plus when you have full Medicaid benefits if you:
- Are 65 and older
- Are aged, blind or disabled
- Have a developmental disability, live in a nursing facility or get long-term services and supports
To become a CCC Plus member, call Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) 1-833-5CALLVA (TTY: 1-888-221-1590) or visit: www.coverva.org