Join our network
We’re glad you’ve decided to join the Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania provider network. Having a strong provider network is an essential part of helping improve health outcomes for our members.
There are many great benefits to joining our network and serving our thousands of members across the commonwealth like:
- Competitive compensation
- Timely and efficient claims processing
- Access to advanced technology that can help you enhance patient care
- HEDIS performance incentives eligibility for many providers
- Ongoing professional support and training from our experienced team
Dental services are provided through SKYGEN USA. To contract directly with SKYGEN USA, please call the SKYGEN USA Contracting Team at 1-800-508-4892.
Vision services are provided through Superior Vision. To contract directly with Superior Vision, please call the Superior Vision Contracting Team at 1-866-819-4298.
Interested in contracting with us? You must start here
If you are a non-contracted provider interested in joining our network you can submit an application through our online portal or download and complete the Out Of Network Request to Join Form Completed downloaded forms can be emailed to PAMedicaidNetworkDevelopment@AETNA.com or faxed to 1-877-533-5887.
Your request will be reviewed, and you will be informed of a decision within 60 business days.
If the panel is open and we intend to pursue a contract, a Network Manager will reach out to proceed with the formal credentialing and contracting process.
If the panel is not open or we do not intend to pursue a contract, a letter will be sent out advising that the request has been denied at this time.
You’ll have a team of Provider Experience staff dedicated to supporting your needs beginning with the provider on-boarding process. They’ll support you with ongoing training, patient support, billing assistance and much more.
Add a provider to an existing group contract?
Adding an individual to an existing group?
You have 3 enrollment options:
- Submit a quick online application form
Practices currently contracted with Aetna Better Health can now enroll new providers by submitting an application online to start the process.
- Apply by email or fax
Existing participating provider groups can still fill out the individual provider application if you would like to enroll additional providers. The application can be emailed to MedicaidProviderRelations@aetna.com or faxed back to us at 1-860-754-5435.
- Submitting applications for 10 or more providers?
If you have more than ten applications to submit, please complete the Bulk Applications Load spreadsheet. This can be obtained by reaching out to Provider Relations.
- Rename file to include your group name and the date of the bulk upload.
- Complete all fields that have a red asterisk. These are required in order to complete the credentialing process. Missing requirements can cause the file to be rejected and the provider credentialing process delayed.
- Email completed Bulk Applications Load to MedicaidProviderRelations@aetna.com and copy your Network Relations Consultant.
Contact our Provider Relations Department at 1-866-638-1232 or email us at MedicaidProviderRelations@aetna.com for help or additional information.
The Aetna Better Health of Pennsylvania and Aetna Better Health Kids provider network includes hospitals, physicians, specialists, surgery centers, ancillary providers, and centers of excellence throughout the United States.
Aetna Better Health Practitioners must:
- Hold a current, valid Pennsylvania state license to practice medicine
- Have staff privileges at a participating Pennsylvania hospital
- Have an active DEA certificate
- Provide verification of medical school completion, residency training and fellowship
- Have current professional liability insurance that meets state minimum requirements
- Hold a valid PROMISe ID at each service location before treating any Aetna Better Health member
After the Practitioner Application Screening Form is received, an acknowledgement letter will be sent out within ten calendar days. Those that pass our pre-screening verification will be entered into the credentialing process.
It can take up to sixty days to be credentialed and approved, at which point you’ll receive an acceptance letter. At or before thirty days in the process, a second correspondence notification is sent out.
Providers should refrain from scheduling appointments with Aetna Better Health members until you’ve received notification of your participation effective date.
Notifications will be sent to applicants not approved to join the Aetna Better Health network.