Don’t lose your benefits
You must renew your benefits — Medicaid, Healthy Michigan or MIChild coverage — every year. And always make sure to keep your info up to date. This allows you to keep your benefits and services. Watch for a Medicaid, Healthy Michigan or MIChild renewal notice in the mail.
Why renew on time every year?
Renewing on time every year allows you to:
- Keep health care coverage for you and your family
- Enjoy peace of mind, knowing you and your family are covered
- Stay as healthy as you can, so you can be there for your family
Just call the Beneficiary Help Line. You can call 1-800-642-3195 (TTY: 1-866-501-5656), Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 7 PM. Or visit the MI Bridges website for more info.
What you may need to renew coverage
To renew, you’ll need to provide info about yourself and your family members. Here’s a list of things you may need to include with your application:
- Your family’s most recent tax return (Form 1040)
- Your most recent pay stubs with your gross wages, or a letter from your employer on company letterhead with your gross wages
- Proof of any other form of income (self-employment, rental, alimony, etc.)
- Names and birthdates of all members in your house
- Social Security numbers of all members in your house
- Info on other health insurance you may have
- U.S. citizenship or immigration status
These things help confirm the info you provide.
Choose how to renew
Log in to your MI Bridges account.
Why renew online?
- It’s safe and secure
- You can manage your account anytime, anywhere
- You can get the info you need faster
Call the Beneficiary Help Line at 1-800-642-3195 (TTY: 1-866-501-5656). You can call Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 7 PM.
Complete the form that comes with your renewal letter. Mail it using the prepaid envelope.
To get in-person help with renewing, you can visit an MI Bridges community partner. Just use this search tool on the MI Bridges website to find an office near you.
Keep your info up to date
After you renew, make sure that any info we have from you stays current. This allows you to keep the coverage you already have. Your info may include your address, employment status and other details.
Need to update your info?
If your contact info isn't current, you may miss messages about renewing coverage. To update your address, phone or email, log in to your MI Bridges account. Or call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services at 888-642-7434.
Switch to Aetna Better Health®
You can change your health plan at certain times. Changes take from 15 to 45 days. You can join Aetna Better Health of Michigan if you live in these regions and counties:
- Region 8: Berrien, Branch, Calhoun, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph and Van Buren
- Region 9: Hillsdale, Jackson, Lenawee, Livingston, Monroe and Washtenaw
- Region 10: Macomb, Oakland and Wayne
How to change your plan
You can call MI Enrolls at 1-888-367-6557 (TTY: 711).
What if you are no longer eligible for Medicaid?
If you no longer qualify for Medicaid, you may be able to get coverage you can afford from other options, such as the Affordable Care Act (ACA) marketplace. You can enroll if you’ve had a qualifying life event like losing your coverage.
Learn about other coverage options
- Visit the Aetna CVS Health™ Marketplace website to see if we offer an ACA plan in your area. More locations are coming soon.
- Visit healthcare.gov to learn about other coverage options you may be eligible for.
My renewal is due in 2 weeks. How do I get it in quickly?
If you need to get your renewal to us quickly and skip mailing time:
- Online: beneficiaries who are head of household for their case and registered with MI Bridges can choose to complete their eligibility renewal online. Information about renewing online is included on the eligibility renewal packet.
- Fax: the eligibility renewal packet can be faxed to 517-346-9888.
- Phone: beneficiaries can complete a renewal by phone through the Phone Renewal Help Line at 833-599-6444, TTY 866-501-5656. The call may take 30 minutes or more and other program benefits (such as food assistance) cannot be renewed through this help line.