Advocates & community resources
Welcome, Advocates and Community Organizations!
Aetna Better Health of Illinois and Aetna Better Health Premier Plan value our relationships with community advocates for both Medicare and Medicaid. We believe that working together is the best way to produce optimal health outcomes for all of our members.
Aetna Better Health of Illinois is pleased to participate with the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services in its series of community meetings to answer questions from advocates, members, caregivers and providers about the health plan.
For those you serve, transitioning to this plan may result in many questions. As an advocate to their care, you too may seek information about the Medicare-Medicaid health plans.
Together, we can improve health care quality
We can help. At Aetna Better Health of Illinois and Aetna Better Health Premier Plan we value our community partners. We want to make it easy for you to offer assistance to those you serve and guide them down the path to better health. That’s why we offer a variety of tools and resources. Visit our toolbox to find the educational materials right for your community. If you need more information, please contact us.
Ask questions. Find answers.
Aetna Better Health Premier Plan is partnering with community organizations to present MMAI educational events for the advocate and provider community. In addition to live events, we also have on-demand webcasts that you can view at your convenience. See below for information on how to register.
Want to learn more? ‘MMAI explained’ brochures
Aetna Better Health Premier Plan created a brochure that explains the basics of the MMAI demonstration plan in Illinois. Download the brochure here:
- Illinois Medicare Medicaid Alignment Initiative (MMAI) explained brochure (English)
- Explicación de la Iniciativa de Alineación Medicare-Medicaid de Illinois (Espanol)
Brochures are available in English, Spanish and additional languages upon request. Quantities to share with staff or clients are also available by emailing MusarraJ@AETNA.com.
Ask questions. Find answers. ‘MMAI explained’ on-demand webcast sessions
Aetna Better Health Premier Plan partnered with several community organizations to present MMAI educational events for the advocate and provider community. Two of these community sessions are available as on-demand webcasts available for online viewing. There is also a 15-minute ‘MMAI explained’ overview session available for viewing.
Descriptions of the webcast sessions will help you decide which best fits your need. Please note that the two community sessions have different Q&A session content specific to that session.
- ‘MMAI explained’ 6/10/14 session sponsored by Community Behavioral Health Association/CBHA and presented by Aetna Better Health of Illinois Chief Executive Officer Sanjoy Musunuri (approximate length 100 minutes including Q&A). Register to view this on-demand webcast here (after registering, you can view the webcast at any time).
- ‘MMAI explained’ session sponsored by AgeOptions and presented Aetna Better Health of Illinois Chief Medical Officer Dr. Bill Gerardi (approximate length 90 minutes including Q&A) on 6/18/14. Register to view this on-demand webcast here (after registering, you can view the webcast at any time).
- ‘MMAI explained’ overview presented by Aetna Better Health of Illinois Community Liaison Manager Jacqleen Musarra (approximate length 16 minutes). Register to view this on-demand webcast here (after registering, you can view the webcast at any time).
If you have registered for a webcast, you can submit questions for a virtual Q&A session through the webcast console. Please note that once you submit a question, it may take several days for a response but you will receive an answer from Aetna Better Health Premier Plan via email.
Illinois advocacy groups and resources
Area Agencies on Aging
Centers for Independent Living
Support for individuals and families with mental illness
Variety of client services