Round-trip transportation is approved for medically necessary services. Covered transportation may include car service, ambulette or ambulance, depending on your medical needs. Please let us know in advance if you have a wheelchair, need oxygen, or if you have any other special needs.
To schedule transportation, please call us at least three days in advance of your scheduled appointment at 1-855-456-9126. You may reach us Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Your care management associate or Member Service representative will be happy to assist you with your transportation arrangements.
If your appointment falls on a Monday, please remember to call us the Friday before, as Member Services is not open on weekends.
On the day of your appointment, please keep in mind:
- For all medical appointments, you will be picked up one hour in advance. Please be fully dressed and ready at pick-up time.
- If needed, an aide or family member can accompany you.
- The driver is only required to wait 10 minutes for you. If you are not ready when the driver comes, please call Member Services at 1-855-456-9126.
- Once your appointment is complete, you can call Member Services at 1-855-456-9126 and we will arrange for a driver to pick you up.
- The drivers are not allowed to accept any tips.
- The driver is not allowed to take you to any location other than your home on the way back from medical appointments.
For your safety, please note the following:
- If possible, the driver will escort you from your door into the ambulette and then into the medical facility. This process will be repeated on your return trip.
- It is important that your safety belt remain fastened at all times while you are in the ambulette.
- You are prohibited from changing your seats in the ambulette at any time.
You must immediately report any accidents or injuries to Member Services at 1-855-456-9126.