Join Our Network
In support of our commitment to the delivery of quality health care services to our members, we have formal, structured credentialing and contracting processes in place.
Upon review of your letter of interest and receipt of your completed Prospective Provider Form, (please complete and fax to 1-866-510-3710) you must complete the following to be eligible to provide care to Aetna Better Health of Texas members:
- Submit the credentialing application correctly and completely.
- Be fully credentialed by Aetna, as applicable.
- New providers will be sent a Participating Provider Agreement. Providers joining an existing group must complete the applicable contract documents to be added to the existing contract.
- Sign and return all contract documents.
- Upon complete credentialing and full execution of contract documents, you will receive notice from the Aetna Better Health Provider Relations department with the effective date of participation, along with the fully executed contract (if it is a new contract).
- **Providers have a right to expedited credentialing**
For more information, please contact Provider Relations at the following numbers:
Medicaid STAR Kids:
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., excluding state approved holidays. Texas providers benefit from the dedicated, toll-free STAR and CHIP (insert Medicaid if needed) provider hotline. Our providers have access to Provider Services Representatives (PSRs), who are expert in the nuances of Texas Medicaid programs. A few examples of call types are: Provider portal questions, provider eligibility, and contract set-up.