Become a HMO D-SNP Member
Aetna Better Health of Virginia (HMO D-SNP) is available to people who have Medicare and who receive Medicaid assistance from the Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus (Medicaid). Aetna Better Health of Virginia (HMO D-SNP) is a Medicare Special Needs Plan, which means our plan benefits and services are designed for people with special health care needs. Our plan offers additional benefits and services not covered under Medicare, such as dental, hearing aids, and contact lenses. If you are a member of Aetna Better Health and enroll in the Aetna Better Health of Virginia (HMO D-SNP) we will coordinate your Medicare and Medicaid covered services for you.
Why join a HMO D-SNP Plan?
- Medicare & Medicaid were never meant to work together, creating gaps and overlaps in your care. However, if you are enrolled in CCC Plus and you qualify for Medicare you can enroll in a DSNP and have all of your health care needs and benefits coordinated.
- It is even possible that you can enroll in the same health plan for your Medicare and Medicaid benefits. This will enhance and simplify the coordination of your benefits and reduce your burden.
- If you are enrolled in a HMO D-SNP, you will not have premiums or co‐pays for doctor or specialist visits. You may have some co‐pays for prescription drugs.
- HMO D-SNPs often provide coverage for additional services not covered by Medicare or Medicaid.
- HMO D-SNPs offer more focused care to ensure you receive the help you need to manage your health.
Additional benefits to help you manage your health
How to enroll?
Enrolling in Aetna Better Health of Virginia (HMO D-SNP) plan is easy and we are here to help.
- To set up an appointment to enroll or enroll over the phone contact us at 1-833-859-6031 (TTY:711), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m, 7 days a week. We are happy to help.
- You may also print the enrollment form, complete and send to:
PO Box 7405
London, KY 40742
Need assistance understanding your options?
If you have questions about Medicare, need help with your Medicare options or understanding information you get from plans, call your Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program (VICAP) to receive free, personalized health insurance counseling at 1‐800‐552‐3402; or call 1‐800-MEDICARE (1‐800‐633‐4227) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or visit the Medicare site. TTY users should call 1‐877‐486‐2048.
For a complete list of available plans please contact 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048), 24 hours a day/7 days a week or consult www.medicare.gov.