Children's Special Health Care Services
Children's Special Health Care Services (CSHCS) is a program within the Michigan Department of Community Health. It is for children and some adults with special health care needs and their families. CSHCS covers more than 2,700 medical diagnoses.
CSHCS helps persons with chronic health problems by providing:
- Coverage and referral for specialty services based on the person's health problems.
- Family centered services to support you in your role as primary caretaker of your child.
- Community-based services to help you care for your child at home and maintain normal routines.
- Culturally competent services which demonstrate awareness of cultural differences.
- Coordinated services to pull together the services of many different providers who work within different agencies.
For more information:
- Contact your local CSHCS office
- Call our CSHCS Family Phone Line at 1-800-359-3722 or
- Write to the Family Center