As a member of Aetna Better Health of Ohio, you will have your own care manager as part of our care management program. Your care manager can help you find the right care and services. Your care manager will contact you soon after you are enrolled with Aetna Better Health of Ohio.
A care manager will work with you, your doctors, and other providers to make sure you receive the right care and services with your needs in mind. The goal is to build a care plan just for you to help you live a healthier life. Your care manager will meet with you by phone or where you live as often as needed.
A care manager can help guide you if:
- You are going to the Emergency Room a lot.
- You are having trouble getting things your doctor has ordered.
- Your doctor just told you that you have a disease, such as congestive heart failure or diabetes, but you would like to get more information about a disease or treatment.
- You need services to help you at home and need help getting long-term services and support.
- Your doctor wants you to see a specialist, but you don't know what to do.
If you want to discuss your health care needs and questions with your care manager, call your care manager directly or call the 24-hour Care Management line at 1-855-364-0974 (TTY: 711). Your care manager is there for you!