Join our network
Reminder: Aetna Better Health of Virginia acquired Coventry Health Care, Inc., (previously Southern Health) and MH Net. Therefore, if you are contracted with Coventry Health Care, Inc., Southern Health or MH Net, these are valid contracts for Aetna Better Health of Virginia participation. If you are holding one of these older contracts, please contact our Network Management team so we can update you to a current Aetna Better Health of Virginia contract document. Please email: NetworkDevelopment.firstname.lastname@example.org. The Medallion 4.0 transition of care period for Aetna Better Health of Virginia is 180 days from a member’s effective date. Authorization numbers are not needed from participating/non-participating providers billing non-pharmacy claims during a member's Medallion 4.0 transition of care period.
Become a network provider
Aetna Better Health of Virginia takes great pride in our network of physicians and related professionals. We want to assist those who serve our members with the highest level of quality care and service. We are committed to making sure our providers receive the best possible information, and the latest technology and tools available. This helps ensure their success in providing for our members.
At Aetna Better Health of Virginia, we focus on operational excellence. We strive to eliminate redundancy and streamline processes for the benefit and value of all our partners. Below are some of the reasons why providers have chosen to partner with us in managed health care:
- You benefit from ongoing support and learning opportunities
- Your claims are processed in a timely and efficient manner
- You receive competitive compensation
- You have access to advanced technology that can help you enhance patient care
To be eligible to join the Aetna Better Health of Virginia as a provider, you must do the following:
- Have an active Medicaid provider ID number
- Correctly and completely submit the credentialing application and required documentation.
- Be fully credentialed by Aetna Better Health of Virginia
- New providers will receive a Participating Health Provider Agreement (contract). Providers joining an existing group must complete the applicable contract documents to be added to the existing contract.
- Sign and return all contract documents.
- Upon completion of credentialing and full execution of contract documents, the provider will receive notice from the Aetna Better Health Network department with the effective date of participation, along with the fully executed contract(if it is a new contract).
If you are interested in contracting with Aetna Better Health of Virginia, send an email request to AetnaBetterHealth-VAProviderRelations@aetna.com with the subject line Request to join network.
The request should be on the provider’s letterhead and must include the following:
- Enrolled in DMAS with active Medicaid ID number
- Medicare ID number (if applicable)
- Geographic location
- Provider specialty and services/facility
- Point of contact (name, phone and email)
If you have questions about the process and or would like to join our network, please email our Provider Services Representativein the subject line please add Request to join network. Or fax us at 844-230-8829. Please allow 3 business days to receive a response and or application packet.