Become a member
Good health is everything. Make sure you’re covered.
We’re here to help you and your family enroll in NJ FamilyCare.
Apply from the comfort of your home by:
- Call Aetna Better Health of New Jersey at 1‑855‑232‑3596, TTY 711.
- Applying online at njfc.force.com/familycare/quickstart.
- Calling NJ FamilyCare directly at 1-800-701-0710, (TTY: 1-800-701-0720)
- Do you want us to contact you? Complete our “Contact Us” form and a local representative will reach out to you.
If you are eligible, you can choose Aetna Better Health of New Jersey as your health plan. To learn more about Aetna Better Health of New Jersey, call 1‑855‑232‑3596, TTY 711.
Thank you for considering Aetna Better Health of New Jersey to meet your health care needs.
Our members are the center of what we do. We offer no-cost and low-cost health care for adults and children through the NJ FamilyCare program. We are a statewide NJFamilyCare plan. Plan enrollment depends on your total family income and the number of people in your family (Income Chart ). If you’re eligible, you can choose Aetna Better Health of New Jersey as your health plan. Our goal is to provide you with providers and services that will give you what you need and deserve:
- Quality health care
- Excellent customer service
Our members include the following groups:
- Noninstitutionalized Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC)/Temporary Assistance for Needy
- Families (TANF) and related New Jersey Care members
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) — Aged, Blind and Disabled (ABD) and related groups
- Clients of the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) and Community Care Waiver (CCW)
- New Jersey Care — Aged, Blind and Disabled (ABD)
- NJ FamilyCare members
- Eligible Division of Child Protection and Permanency (DCP&P) formerly the Division of Youth and Family Services (DYFS) clients
We have your healthcare covered. Choose Aetna Better Health of New Jersey and get:
- Visits to your primary care provider*
- Vision care (routine eye exams, + generic frames or $100 allowance to name brand frames)*
- Preventive dental care (routine cleanings, fillings and more)* and orthodontic services for children up to age 21
- Prescription drugs, including some over-the-counter (OTC) medicines (with a prescription from provider)*
- Smoking cessation products
- Maternity care and lactation services*
- Urgent care and emergency visits*
- Transportation to medical appointments
*Co-pays may apply for some NJ FamilyCare members
Get access to:
- NJ’s top hospitals
- Specialists with no referral required
- 24-house nurse help line
- Dedicated care manager
- $15 over-the-counter gift card (for completing certain health screenings)
- Android smartphone (350 minutes, 2GB data, unlimited texts monthly)
- Medela Free Style breast bump (with prescription from doctor)
- Multiple lab partners
View in Spanish