Helping you live well
We help our members who have serious, long-term medical needs, or a chronic disease. One way we do this is through our Integrated Care Management Program. The Program includes Care Management and Disease Management.
Some members have special health care needs and medical conditions. The Aetna Better Health Care Management team includes nurses who work with many health care providers, agencies and organizations to get the services and the care that you need. Our Care Management team can help you make appointments, and discuss your care with your doctor. In addition to helping members who have special medical needs, we have programs for:
- High-risk pregnancy
- Babies needing neonatal intensive care (NICU) after birth
- Pregnant women with substance abuse and their babies after birth (NAS)
If you think you need help from a nurse, call 1-888-348-2922 and ask to talk to a Care Manager. Your doctor or caregiver can also call to sign you up for the program. You can choose to leave the program at anytime, just call our Care Management team at 1-888-348-2922.
Chronic Condition Management
We want to help you be as healthy as possible.
If you have a chronic health condition, our Chronic Condition Management Program can help you stay healthy. We will mail you educational materials to help you manage your condition. In addition to printed materials, you may receive a call from one of our care management staff members. You will be enrolled in Chronic Condition Management if you or your child has one of the following conditions:
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- CAD (Coronary Artery Disease)
- CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)
- Mental Health / Depression
You can choose to leave the program at anytime, just call our Care Management team at 1-888-348-2922.
Population Health Programs to stay Healthy
For more information on how to use any of the programs listed below just call our Care Management team at 1-888-348-2922. You can choose to join or leave the program at anytime.
Offering Aetna Better Health of WV members support through pregnancy and after delivery through our maternity care program. Find out more information available for our expecting mothers here: Expecting Mothers
Health screenings and wellness programs for improved health outcomes
- Cub Club
- Well visit drives
- Walking program
- Timely Behavioral Health Follow-up Appointment (within 7 days)
- Health Related Summer Camps
- Health Education through community events throughout the state of WV
- My Active Health
- Members can access additional wellness programs by registering for My Active Health.
Speak to your primary care physician or visit your local participating pharmacy to obtain your flu vaccination.
Neonatal Abstinence Program (NAS)
If you or your child has had an acute hospital stay you may receive a call from our Care Management Department. An Aetna Better Health of WV staff member will ask you questions related to your hospital stay and ask if:
- You have a scheduled follow up appoint with your PCP or specialist
- You were able to obtain your prescribed medication
- You understand your discharge instructions
- You have any additional needs and refer you to one of our Care Managers if needed
You may also reach our Care Management Department directly at 1-888-348-2922
Opioids can be addictive. Aetna Better Health of West Virginia wants to work with you to avoid opioid addiction. Having more than one opioid prescription can make you high risk for becoming addicted. Always let your doctors know what medications you are taking. Contact us now if you need help locating an in-network provider, or social support for addiction recovery. Call 1-888-348-2922 and request to speak to a Care Manger for additional information.