Another group or vendor provides the info on the next page. If you don’t want to leave our site, choose the “X” in the upper right corner to close this message. Or choose “Go on” to move forward.
How to choose us
Just choose one of the options for your plan type and follow the steps.
Medicaid Managed Medical Assistance (MMA) and Long-Term Care (LTC)
- Online: Visit Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care (SMMC).
- By phone: Call the Choice Counseling Helpline at 1-877-711-3662 (TTY: 1-866-467-4970). You can call Monday through Thursday, 8 AM to 8 PM and Friday, 8 AM to 7 PM. Tell them you choose Aetna Better Health of Florida as your plan. If needed, you can get language services at no cost to you.
Florida Healthy Kids (FHK)
- Online: Log in to your account at the Florida Healthy Kids website.
- By phone: Call FHK at 1-888-540-KIDS (5437) (TTY: 1-800-955-8771). You can call Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM ET. Tell them you choose Aetna Better Health of Florida as your plan. If needed, you can get language services at no cost to you.
Regions we serve
We serve Medicaid MMA and LTC benefits in these specific regions and counties in Florida:
- Region 6: Hardee, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee and Polk
- Region 7: Brevard, Orange, Osceola and Seminole
- Region 11: Miami-Dade and Monroe
We serve FHK benefits in Florida statewide, in all counties.
Changing your plan
Changing your plan
Already enrolled in a health plan? You can change it. Just make sure to do so within the specific time frame for your plan:
- Medicaid MMA and LTC: Within the first 120 days of enrollment
- FHK: Within the first 90 days of enrollment
After this time, you’ll need to wait until the next open enrollment period if you want to change plans. This happens every year and is based on when you first enrolled in Medicaid or Florida Healthy Kids. You’ll receive a reminder letter prior to this time.
How to change your plan