Health care when you're pregnant
Right now, growing a healthy baby is your most important job.
Giving your baby the best possible start in life means taking care of yourself. We will help you stay healthy and feel good about having a baby.
If you are pregnant, CHIP Perinate benefits include:
- Up to 20 doctor visits before your baby is born
- Prescriptions and vitamins
- Labor and delivery of your baby
- Two doctor visits after giving birth (for you)
- Regular check-ups, shots and medicine after birth (for your baby)
For questions about Aetna Better Health (CHIP Perinate), call Member Services at 1-800-245-5380 (Tarrant service areas); 1-866-818-0959 (Bexar service areas) or 1-800-735-2989 (hearing impaired).
For a complete list, see our summary of services , or look at our member handbook.
For information on the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), go to Health and Human Services (HHSC). Or call the help line 2-1-1 (TTY/Hearing impaired: 7-1-1) or 1-877-541-7905 (after you pick a language, press 2). You can call Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Time.