New technology in medicine and care
To make sure we use the latest medical treatment and equipment to help you feel your best, Aetna Better Health of Virginia looks at the latest medical changes. We look at:
- Medical treatment and services
- Behavioral health treatment and services
We look at the most up-to-date research and medical writing. With all this data, we consider:
- If the changes are safe and helpful.
- If these changes offer the same or better results than what is used today.
This is done to help us decide if a new treatment or care should be added to your benefits.
Quality improvement at Aetna Better Health of Virginia
Our Quality Management department wants to make sure you get good care and services. That includes:
- Health management programs that work for you.
- Easy access to quality medical and behavioral health care.
- Help with any complex or chronic conditions or illnesses.
- Support when you need it most.
- High satisfaction with your doctors and with us.
Our quality improvement activities each year include:
- Contacting you to remind you to get care (like well-child checkups).
- Sending you postcards or newsletters about health topics.
- Reviewing the number, quality, and kinds of services you receive.
- Reminding your doctors and you about preventive health care.
- Making sure you’re continuing to get the care you need.
- Checking that your calls are answered quickly and that you get the right information.
- Ensuring your doctor has all the information needed to care for you or your child.
We have many more quality programs. Throughout the year, we look at information related to how our members receive health care and preventive care services. We compare our findings to national practice guidelines. We set goals for care and service. If we don’t reach our goals, we plan to help us improve and reach our goals in the future. You can call Member Services to learn more about what we do to improve your care.
Medallion/FAMIS – Member Services
1-800-279-1878 (TTY: 711) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
CCC Plus – Member Services
1-855-652-8249 (TTY: 711) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
HMO SNP – Member Services
1-855-463-0933 (TTY: 711) 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., 7 days a week