CVS Health® provides the info on the next page. Aetna® is part of the CVS Health family of companies. If you want to stay on our site, choose the “X” in the upper right corner to close this message. Or choose “Go on” to move forward to CVS.com.
Here you’ll find the latest member news, bulletins and resources.
A Message from the Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS)
The pandemic-related flexibility that allows parents of children under age 18 and spouses to be reimbursed for providing personal care services will end on November 10, 2023. To ensure a smooth transition, Employers of Record should search for an alternate caregiver as soon as possible.
Your services facilitator should be able to assist in locating resources to find qualified attendants and steps in the hiring process. The Consumer Directed Services Employer of Record Manual provides helpful information on hiring attendants. The EOR manual can be found on the DMAS website at: https://dmas.virginia.gov/for-providers/long-term-care/waivers/.
DMAS is awaiting Federal approval to permanently allow parents of minors and spouses to be paid to provide personal care services when no one else is available. EORs will have to show their recent efforts to hire an attendant, and no one else is available. DMAS will provide training for families and providers once Federal approval is received.
Starting February 7, 2022, select at-home COVID-19 tests are covered. Coverage is only for COVID-19 tests obtained at the pharmacy. Tests purchased from retail or third-party stores are not covered. Go to your local pharmacy with your Medicaid ID card. Then, ask the pharmacy to fill at-home COVID tests. Some restrictions may apply.
At-home COVID-19 test coverage:
- You can get up to two at-home COVID-19 tests per day per member, but no more than eight at-home COVID-19 tests per rolling 30 days per member. Quantities are based on per test, not per kit. The pharmacy can process at-home COVID-19 tests at no cost starting on or after February 7, 2022.
- A prescription is required to obtain a number of tests beyond this limit. A pharmacist will need to call the pharmacy help desk to override a prescription exceeding these limits.
- At-home COVID-19 tests may have age limits. As needed, Aetna Better Health covers tests in all Medicaid populations. That includes dual-eligible members. See formularies for coverage details.
- You can get COVID-19 tests at any pharmacy. This means you can get them at in-network and out-of-network pharmacies.
- At-home COVID-19 tests will not be covered before February 7, 2022. Coverage will also be limited to getting the at-home COVID-19 tests at the pharmacy counter.
Learn more about our events coming soon to your area:
These online education sessions are held every month. Their purpose is to help you understand your benefits and get the most from local and national resources. You can also connect with Aetna Better Health® of Virginia staff, community partners and other members.
Questions? Send us an email.
Centra Mobile Mammography
- Centra Mobile Mammography
October 19, 2023, from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
307 Alleghany Avenue, Lynchburg, VA 24501