Another group or vendor provides the info on the next page. If you don’t want to leave our site, choose the “X” in the upper right corner to close this message. Or choose “Go on” to move forward.
Here you’ll find the latest member news, bulletins and resources.
Starting February 7, 2022, select at-home COVID-19 tests are covered. Coverage is only for COVID-19 tests obtained at the pharmacy. Tests purchased from retail or third-party stores are not covered. Go to your local pharmacy with your Medicaid ID card. Then, ask the pharmacy to fill at-home COVID tests. Some restrictions may apply.
At-home COVID-19 test coverage:
- You can get up to two at-home COVID-19 tests per day per member, but no more than eight at-home COVID-19 tests per rolling 30 days per member. Quantities are based on per test, not per kit. The pharmacy can process at-home COVID-19 tests at no cost starting on or after February 7, 2022.
- A prescription is required to obtain a number of tests beyond this limit. A pharmacist will need to call the pharmacy help desk to override a prescription exceeding these limits.
- At-home COVID-19 tests may have age limits. As needed, Aetna Better Health covers tests in all Medicaid populations. That includes dual-eligible members. See formularies for coverage details.
- You can get COVID-19 tests at any pharmacy. This means you can get them at in-network and out-of-network pharmacies.
- At-home COVID-19 tests will not be covered before February 7, 2022. Coverage will also be limited to getting the at-home COVID-19 tests at the pharmacy counter.
Learn more about our events coming soon to your area:
These online education sessions are held every month. Their purpose is to help you understand your benefits and get the most from local and national resources. You can also connect with Aetna Better Health® of Virginia staff, community partners and other members.
Questions? Send us an email.
These online sessions can help you learn about health topics like the ones listed. You may be eligible to receive a gift card worth up to $50 for attending.
Health topics can include, but are not limited to:
- Living a healthier lifestyle
- Mental health
- Physical health
- Maternal health, and more
These sessions are scheduled for 2023 (specific times to be announced):
- March 8, 2023, from 1 PM to 2PM: The Importance of Physical Activity (Members may also attend this session in person. Please email QualityManagementPrograms@Aetna.com for details).
- April 2023: Maternal Health
- May 17, 2023, from 1 PM to 2PM: Tobacco Cessation Support, presented by Quit Line RVA
- June 2023: Mental Health
- July 2023: Mental Health
To RSVP, just email us with:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
We’ll then send you a link to attend.
Don't have an email address? If you have a Care Manager, you can contact them to RSVP. Or call Member Services at 1-800-279-1878 (TTY: 711). We’re here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Online sessions to help prepare you for seeking employment
Our goal is to help you be ready for work. We want to prepare you with skills that help you find meaningful work. During these virtual session, we will go over some of the ways you can get ready for work.
Along with job readiness, our team will also be offering information about healthy eating, nutrition, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Following each session, you will have the opportunity to connect with our Dietician and Workforce Specialist for one-on-one sessions.
Below are the dates for our upcoming sessions. Each virtual session is held between 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM.
- May 11, 2022
- June 1, 2022
- July 20, 2022
- August 10, 2022
- September 7, 2022
- October 5, 2022
How to register
Please email FISoCTeam@Aetna.com to register or if you have any questions about these virtual sessions. Don't have an email address? If you have a Care Manager, you can contact them to RSVP. Or call Member Services at 1-800-279-1878 (TTY: 711). We’re here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Centra Mobile Mammography
- June 8, 2023, from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
1100 Main St., Altavista, VA 24517 (CVS location)
- July 11, 2023, from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
7738 Richmond Highway, Appomattox, VA 24522 (CVS location)
- October 19, 2023, from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM
112 S Main St., Amherst, VA 24521 (CVS location)
UVA Health Mobile Mammography
- May 4, 2023, from 8:40 AM to 2:20 PM
1235 West Broad St., Waynesboro, VA 22980 (CVS location)
- June 1, 2023, from 8:40 AM to 2:20 PM
720 Round Hill Rd., Orange, VA 22960
- September 14, 2023, from 8:40 AM to 2:20 PM
503 E. Main St., Louisa, VA 23093