CVS Health® provides the info on the next page. Aetna® is part of the CVS Health family of companies. If you want to stay on our site, choose the “X” in the upper right corner to close this message. Or choose “Go on” to move forward to CVS.com.
Why choose us?
Just for being a member, you’ll enjoy some extra benefits (PDF) that go beyond your standard health coverage.
How to choose us
Just choose one of the options for your plan type and follow the steps.
Cardinal Care and expansion plans
- Online: Visit Virginia Managed Care.
- By mobile app: Download the free Virginia Managed Care app on your Android™ smartphone or iPhone®. Search for Virginia Managed Care on Google Play or the App Store®.
- By phone: Call the Managed Care Helpline at 1-800-643-2273 (TTY: 1-800-817-6608). You can call Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM. Tell them you choose Aetna Better Health of Virginia as your plan. If needed, you can get language services at no cost to you.
- Online: Visit CommonHelp Virginia.
- By phone: Call Cover Virginia at 1-833-5CALLVA (TDD: 1-888-221-1590). You can call Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 7 PM and Saturday, 9 AM to 12 PM. Tell them you choose Aetna Better Health of Virginia as your plan. If needed, you can get language services at no cost to you.
- In person: Visit your local Department of Social Services. Tell them you choose Aetna Better Health of Virginia as your plan.
Switching to Aetna Better Health
Already enrolled in a health plan? You can switch to Aetna Better Health at certain times. Just scroll down to find the time schedule for your plan.
Cardinal Care open enrollment
- Isle of Wight
- James City
- Newport News
- Virginia Beach
- Charles City
- Colonial Heights
- Franklin City
- King and Queen
- King George
- King William
- New Kent
- Prince Edward
- Prince George
- Richmond City
- Richmond County
- Fairfax City
- Fairfax County
- Falls Church
- Manassas Park
- Manassas City
- Prince William
- Bedford City
- Bedford County
- Buena Vista
- Franklin County
- Roanoke City
- Roanoke County
Cardinal Care — expansion plans open enrollment
Expansion plan members will receive a yellow letter in the mail with more info.
FAMIS open enrollment
Haven’t applied for health benefits yet?
The first step is applying for Cardinal Care (Medicaid) or FAMIS benefits. Once you become enrolled, you can choose Aetna Better Health of Virginia as your plan.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.