Another group or vendor provides the info on the next page. If you don’t want to leave our site, choose the “X” in the upper right corner to close this message. Or choose “Go on” to move forward.
How to choose us
Just choose one of the options for your plan type and follow the steps.
Cardinal Care (Medicaid) and expansion plans
- Online: Visit Virginia Managed Care.
- By mobile app: Download the free Virginia Managed Care app on your Android™ smartphone or iPhone®. Search for Virginia Managed Care on Google Play or the App Store®.
- By phone: Call the Managed Care Helpline at 1-800-643-2273
(TTY: 1-800-817-6608). You can call Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM. Tell them you choose Aetna Better Health of Virginia as your plan. If needed, you can get language services at no cost to you.
- Online: Visit Common Help Virginia.
- By phone: Call Cover Virginia at 1-833-5CALLVA (TDD: 1-888-221-1590). You can call Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 7 PM and Saturday, 9 AM to 12 PM. Tell them you choose Aetna Better Health of Virginia as your plan. If needed, you can get language services at no cost to you.
- In person: Visit your local Department of Social Services. Tell them you choose Aetna Better Health of Virginia as your plan.
Just call us at 1-800-279-1878 (TTY: 711). We’re here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Are you in a dual special needs plan?
You can learn more about how to choose your plan, including other helpful info. Just visit our dual special needs plans homepage.
Changing your plan
Already enrolled in a health plan? You can change it. Just do so within the first 90 days of enrollment. After 90 days, you’ll need to wait until a certain time to change your plan.
Just scroll down to find the time schedule for your plan.
Cardinal Care (Medicaid)
- Isle of Wight
- James City
- Newport News
- Virginia Beach
- Charles City
- Colonial Heights
- Franklin City
- King and Queen
- King George
- King William
- New Kent
- Prince Edward
- Prince George
- Richmond City
- Richmond County
- Fairfax City
- Fairfax County
- Falls Church
- Manassas Park
- Manassas City
- Prince William
- Bedford City
- Bedford County
- Buena Vista
- Franklin County
- Roanoke City
- Roanoke County
Cardinal Care (Medicaid) - Expansion
Expansion members will receive a yellow letter in the mail with more info.
If you’re a FAMIS member, you can change your health plan when it’s time to renew your coverage (12 months after enrollment).
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.